Followers

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Simple Joys

As a single 30 something I have yet to have children of my own. So tonight will I was babysitting my 5 year old nephew and my 2 year old niece, I was reminded just how simple life really is. Yes the bills have to be paid, work has to be done and laundry always needs folding but what really makes the world livable?
We had just finished up dinner and as I was loading the dishwasher, Timmy, asked to listen to his favorite singer, Michael Jackson. Granted, in his 5 years he has been known to think Beiber is awesome and Selena Gomez is of course "hot" so when he asked to listen to a little Michael, I was happy with the request. As Pandora loaded on the fancy thinking box, Rilynn asked "dance"? At 2, her speech is advanced but we are usually limited to one or two word questions and answers. So to answer her question I said "sure". Just as Smooth Criminal began to fill the living room, her tiny little hand with her pretty little pink polished nails reached out for mine.
For the next half hour or so, I danced through the living room like a little girl with my niece and my nephew, as they laughed, smiled and filled my heart with Joy! The dishes could wait, the world could end and I'd be just fine because I had an evening of belly laughs that that made me smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment