Followers

Monday, December 5, 2011

My Loves

There are two little things in my life that mean the world to me. Yes, you guessed it, Timothy & Rilynn. Today, Monday December 5th, 2011, my dear sweet boy turns 6 years old. What most people do not know about me  is that 6 years ago today my life was saved. 
In December of 2005 my life was at an ultimate low. For no reason other then I was enormously depressed. I've spent a good portion of my life struggling with depression and I had always experienced Highs and Lows. At this particular point in time I was at a loss. I found happiness in nothing and no amount of time or energy could help me "snap out of it". 
Then at 4:00 AM on a chilly December morning I received a call that would change my whole world. Anneliese, my younger sister, was in labor with her first child. Being new to the whole Aunt thing, I rushed to the hospital in a flurry and announced that I was there to see "Anneliese Cornwall". Apparently in my sleep induced fog I had forgotten that my sister had been married for some time and was no longer a Cornwall. When I finally convinced the Labor & Delivery Nurses that I was in fact the soon-to-be Aunt and must have left my mind at home I found Anneliese, Tim & my Momma enduring contractions in anticipation of the little guys arrival. This went on for a few hours and Anneliese was a trooper.
Then at around 9:52 AM life as we all knew it changed. Timothy Joseph Eddis, Jr. was born and the sun shone a little brighter. After some time with Mommy & Daddy and of course Nanny, little Timmy was handed off to me! I don't remember crying, I don't remember talking, I don't remember much of anything other then the cloud of warmth that enveloped me. In that moment Timmy saved me from myself. Life was completely worth living and I would make sure to thank him, silently, each and everyday for opening my eyes!
Since then we have welcomed Rilynn May Eddis to the family as well and just like Timmy she is the force behind me: to keep my head up, eyes open and smiling.       

1 comment:

  1. Gosh, they are so precious! I have never been all that ga-ga about babies (no pun intended), and though I have definitely come around on my enjoyment of kids, nothing compared to the first time I got to interact with my niece. She stole my heart and I just pine for that kid. So glad your sweet niece and nephew brought/bring you such happiness. You're such a source of love and light and certainly deserve that in your own life. xo

    ReplyDelete